Sunday, February 13, 2011

Back to the Simple

Today is a Sunday.

There is something about Sundays that make me want to sit around and do nothing. BUT here is the best part. Sundays are days when you can do that and not feel bad about it! But wait...that isn't the case today.

As you can tell, I am taking time out of my day right now to blog. Yes. Not do homework, clean, or planning for a friend's wedding. (All things that need to get done). But here's the thing. It's going to get done. Everything that I need to do, I'll do it. Just in my own time.

Life is too hectic and it's easy to get caught up in the little everyday duties that we have to accomplish. Yes, they are important and we do need to do them. But there are more important things in life.
Back to the SIMPLE.

A recent goal of mine has been to draw closer to God. This is one of the ways I feel the closest to Him. During the day, stopping to remember that He is in control and is over all the little tiny things that I stress about (or don't stress about).

This is my time in the day to stop and remember that God is in control and is taking care of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment