Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snow. Pie. Cider.


While driving home for Thanksgiving it started to snow. I absolutely love snow and get so excited when it first starts falling. I had a dream the other night that it was snowing. Except the snowflakes were giant and puffy. But they still had the detail on them like the little snowflakes we always see. It was such a fun dream and I wish it was how snow really was, because now I'm almost disappointed by tiny normal snowflakes.

This year for Thanksgiving I made a pie. And when I say I "made a pie" what I really mean is that my dad told me what ingredients to add and what to do. I just did what he said. However, it was a very yummy cherry pie. We recently re-did our kitchen and dinning room, so I got to bake in a beautiful kitchen! It inspires me to bake and cook more. Which would usually be what I would need to bake, motivation, but I am finding a new liking for the kitchen.

Another one of my Thanksgiving favorites is apple cider. Maybe this could be more of a Fall favorite too, but I'm okay with that. Seeing the chilly wind outside but being cozy warm inside is quite peaceful. Apple cider made over the stovetop is simply the cherry on top.

Sometimes I feel bad for Thanksgiving. Right after the day is finished, the very next day people are onto the "bigger" holiday of Christmas. It's quickly forgotten as people begin the hustle-bustle of preparing for Christmas. No looking back and saying "man, we gotta wait another year for Thanksgiving." But the day after Christmas, I ALWAYS think that. I hate thinking that the grand holiday of Christmas is over and having to wait a whole other year. So this year I'm making it up, "Thanksgiving, I can't wait for next year!"





No comments:

Post a Comment