Saturday, September 18, 2010

"I love love. I love being in love." -Inches and Falling, The Format



I love sweatshirts. I love sleeping when it's chilly. I love wearing scarves. I love wearing mittens. I love foliage. I love when the leaves blow in the wind. I love bundling up. I love being cold but still being able to feel the warmth of the sun. I love everything about the Fall.

Why is Fall such a short season? Would I like it equally if it was as long as Winter? Or does its' shortness add to my cherishing every moment spent in the season?

I love the season of Fall. I am constantly intentionally wearing jeans, long sleeves, and scarves because I am so desperately wanting it to be cold outside! I wake up, feel the cool breeze in my room, happily dress for cool weather. Immediately in a good mood, I head to class. Yet the moment I step outside of my apartment, it is 70 degrees and sunny. Stubbornly, I do not change in hopes of redirecting the weather. I do not succeed one bit as the weather remains hot the entire day. In spite, with the same wish, I do the same exact thing the next day. This sad routine repeats itself until that one day when the first leaves begin to change and I am on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment